Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Creative Music Project - Processes and Outputs
Transcript of Creative Music Project - Processes and Outputs
- Lavender in the Library
- STRAIGHT. EDGE. GLASGOW.
The blog, Lavender in the Library, provides a narrative for the thematic and creative development of the new body of work. However, the following written piece provides an in –depth discussion in reflection of the immersive creative process, conveying elemental decision-making; citing other music works that helped inform this piece, and; an appraisal of each outcome (each track), with close regard to the project brief.
In groups of 4, document a 5-stage hypothetical process, starting with a mind-map, that portrays a line of development from concept to final creative output.
Documenting the Creative Process - Ideas & Examples
- Creative development (blogs)
- Example introduction (in blog)
- Types of development
- Working with a concept (task)
The process is often more important than the end product.
Validates the end product
Provides insight to thought processes
Example Introduction to Blog (CONTEXT)
TYPES OF MATERIAL - DOCUMENTING
- Short video diary reflections
- Spider diagrams / mind maps
- Photographs (with annotations)
- Interview material (with annotations)
- Scrapbook-style mood boards (with annotations) / Pinterest boards
- Scanned sketches (to PDF)
[closer look at blog elements & conceptual threads]
- Based on a book found in Otago Lane the day of Anna Kelly's death ('The Greatest Thing in the World' by Henry Drummond)
- Buds of lavender found in pages of book
- Verse(s) of book (where lavender was found) used as products of inspiration
- Multifaceted approach
The Greatest Thing in the World
Love, Peace, Joy
Book discovery (situation)
Feelings towards family member (Anna)
Lavender (as message/symbol)
Re-locating the book
Conceptual Framework (2)
1. Lavender in the Library
- Physical & digital release (artefacts)
2. STRAIGHT. EDGE. GLASGOW.
Examples by project
- Documentary film (artefact)
- Screening of film (event)
List of concepts
- Star Wars
- Birth / a newborn baby
- A long, winding river
- Velvet rope
- The colour purple
- What it means to be Scottish