Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Prestige
~Descartes All knowledge ( or a magician's secret) is knowable via reason
Reason is sometimes blind to facts
Ordinaryness of illusion -- '...now you're looking for the secret, but you won't find it because you aren't really looking. We want to be fooled.'
"...This machine wasn't built by a magician, it was built by a wizard: a man who can actually do what magicians pretend to do." Distinction between 'wizard' & 'magician': Magican: uses trickery, but secrets are knowable and illusions are knowable, work in material realm
Wizards: Create the unexplainable, otherworldly, work in another realm Characters & Plot