Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
CPI Key Refresher
Transcript of CPI Key Refresher
Acting-Out Person - Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
Tension Reduction - Therapeutic Rapport
CPI Key Refresher
1/2 Day Training
The CPI Crisis
CPI Verbal Escalation Continuum
Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
Proxemics: Personal Space - Examples?
Kinesics: Nonverbal Communication - Examples
CPI Supportive Stance:
Small distance with an angle, why?
vocal part of speech
5. Tension Reduction
Verbal Escalation Continuum
1. Simple and Clear
An active process to discern what a person is saying
Crisis Development/Behavior Models
the concept that behaviors and attitudes of staff impact behaviors and attitudes of individuals and vice versa
internal and external causes if an acting-out behavior over which the staff member has little or no control
the ability to stay in control of one's own behavior and not take acting-out behavior personally.
1. Block (or deflect) the weapon
2. Move the target
1. Gain a physiological advantage by using:
a. The weak point of the grab
2. Gain a psychological advantage
a. Stay calm
b. Have a plan
c. Element of surprise/distraction
Used as a Last Resort...
Behaviors that require NPCI?
Before performing techniques:
1. Anyone feeling they can't perform the technique?
a. Inform the instructor
b. Be an active visual/verbal participant
2. Please remove any items that may inhibit you performing the task or could harm you or a colleague.
3. Warm up/Stretch if needed
1. Please fill out Post-Test with:
d. Facility - don't need address
2. Take test
3. Please fill out evaluation - back of test
4. Print name on Blue Card
a. Issued: Today's Date
b. Expires: 1 year from today
Instructor: Adam Bauserman
5. Pull out and Keep Blue Card
Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security
CPI Training Team