Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
CPI Key Refresher
Transcript of CPI Key Refresher
Acting-Out Person - Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
Tension Reduction - Therapeutic Rapport
CPI Key Refresher
1/2 Day Training
The CPI Crisis
CPI Verbal Escalation Continuum
Nonviolent Physical Crisis Intervention
Proxemics: Personal Space - Examples?
Kinesics: Nonverbal Communication - Examples
CPI Supportive Stance:
Small distance with an angle, why?
vocal part of speech
5. Tension Reduction
Verbal Escalation Continuum
1. Simple and Clear
An active process to discern what a person is saying
Crisis Development/Behavior Models
the concept that behaviors and attitudes of staff impact behaviors and attitudes of individuals and vice versa
internal and external causes if an acting-out behavior over which the staff member has little or no control
the ability to stay in control of one's own behavior and not take acting-out behavior personally.
1. Block (or deflect) the weapon
2. Move the target
1. Gain a physiological advantage by using:
a. The weak point of the grab
2. Gain a psychological advantage
a. Stay calm
b. Have a plan
c. Element of surprise/distraction
Used as a Last Resort...
Behaviors that require NPCI?
Before performing techniques:
1. Anyone feeling they can't perform the technique?
a. Inform the instructor
b. Be an active visual/verbal participant
2. Please remove any items that may inhibit you performing the task or could harm you or a colleague.
3. Warm up/Stretch if needed
1. Please fill out Post-Test with:
d. Facility - don't need address
2. Take test
3. Please fill out evaluation - back of test
4. Print name on Blue Card
a. Issued: Today's Date
b. Expires: 1 year from today
Instructor: Adam Bauserman
5. Pull out and Keep Blue Card
Care, Welfare, Safety, and Security
CPI Training Team