Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Made in Marketing
Transcript of Made in Marketing
"The events impact on stakeholders, as opposed to direct dialogue with consumers" (Fill 2011)
Cycle/exercise at any available time, competitive. High interest in all sports.
25-50 Years Old. ABC1 Group
Couples/Singles, Health Conscious, Urban Prosperity, Educated Urbanites. ACORN. Driven.
Something new and exciting
Love competing in any sport which challenges ability. Active gym members, part of cycling clubs. Adrenaline junkies.
40-60 Years old. AB Group. Couples and older families. DINKS, wealthy achievers and urban prosperity (ACORN).
Once in a lifetime Experience
PULL STRATEGY: £97,500
PUSH STRATEGY: £65,750
PROFILE STRATEGY: £67,000
12th visited city in the UK (VisitEngland)
5th in UK for Business Trips (Visit England)
UK's 5th Largest City
England's Greenest City
Tour de France 2014 Stage 2
Marketing Communications Objectives
1. To increase number of repeated tourism in Sheffield by 6% by July 2015
2. Generate increased awareness of Sheffield and its attractions by 2% per quarter, measured by the growth of local businesses
3. For 150 new challengers to return to the Tour de Sheffield event in 2015
4. To take Sheffield to the 6th most visited city by 2017, from 12th.
5. For the Tour De Sheffield to become an annual event through marketing new challenges for tourists to compete in 2016
1. Increase UK visitors by 6% and Overseas by 2%, with the assistance of Social Media
2. Developing cooperation with the Tour De France on a national and International level, utilising flyer and poster campaigns in bicycle shops
3. Building the positive image that Sheffield is a supporter of the British Heart Foundation, through billboard advertising in major cities
4. Extend the reach of communication internationally, through the online registering event and Social Media
MADE IN MARKETING
Sheffield based agency, established in 2000.
Over 30 Employees, specialising in sporting events and communications.
Experience with charitable sporting events, marathons and half marathons.
Excellent knowledge of Sheffield
Strong association with the British Heart Foundation, and various charities.
CONTROL AND EVALUATION
Power Interest Matrix, Mendelow
Power Interest Matrix, Mendelow
Broadcast in 190 Countries
3.5 billion TV viewers
700 different media outlets
14 million unique online visitors in July
133 million pages viewed
700,000 fans on Facebook
12 Million Spectators
95% of people come with family or friends
THE EVENT - TOUR DE SHEFFIELD
Ride the Route of the professionals
Recreational and Sportive Route
One weekend after the Official
Tour De France
Nightime events on Devonshire
In association with Wiggle UK and
British Heart Foundation
Monthly meetings on push/pull/profile strategies
Reallocate budget judging by successful marketing communication tools
Sheffield Tourism increases in the months following the event
Wiggle to continue to sponsor the event in 2015
The event structure is in place
Sheffield has an established reputation as a sports scene
High Profile Event, Global Fan Base
Various doping related controversies
Numerous marshalls needed to run the event
Health and Safety Requirements
Sponsorship opportunities from bicycle retailers
Collaboration with local and national charities
A % of participants may not stay in Sheffield
Unreliable UK Weather
Participants may choose to enter stage 1 or 3 instead
PERCEPTUAL MAP - THE EVENT
To create a perceived benefit for intermediaries encouraging them to push the event for their own personal gain, which will lead to increased customer knowledge of Sheffield
Effective and efficient use of resources; establish Sheffield as a tourist destination resulting in an improved local economy.
Directly communicate with target segments through various media outlets, raising awareness throughout the cycling community
Combine the prospect of active lifestyle with associated charity.
1. To increase the tourist rate by 5% year on year from 2013 in Sheffield. In 2008, Sheffield was the 17th most visited city in the UK, as it is currently 12th in 2013 (City of Tourism 2009). Sheffield aims to attract more tourism, pushing it to 8th by 2017.
2. To increase the funds raised on behalf of the British Heart Foundation by 5% in 2014 and raise over £75,000 from the Tour De Sheffield Event.