Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Tattoos in the Workplace
Transcript of Tattoos in the Workplace
Do college students feel that tattoos will have an effect on their future careers?
• Tattoos are a growing trend within the Millennial generation.
• 14% of people have at least one tattoo
• We are interested in learning whether or not Millenials between the ages 18-30 feel that havig a visible tattoo will have an effect on their future careers.
• Does this effect the tattoo placement?
• As time progresses tattoos are beginning to become more common and accepted in the workplace.
• Employees are feeling less obligated to cover their tattoos up but still feel pressured to during interviews for a prospect job.
• Employers are increasingly forced to choose between rejecting inked employees or having a severely limited job candidate pool.
• Dress codes and appearance policies are enforced but employers are becoming more lenient
• Acceptance rates depend on the industry that you are working in.
• Companies becoming more focused on providing work for employees of different cultural backgrounds.
Survey Sample & Methodology
Born between 1980 and 2000
Tattoos are more popular in our generation
Survey Introduction & Questions
1. Survey only targets Millennial generation (ages 18-30)
2. Survey is limited to the groups combined Facebook friends.
3. No way to see if the millennial generation is the only one’s taking the survey.
4. Different fields of work hold different opinions.
5. Many individuals may not yet know what career path they want to take.
6. Distribution limitations.
7. Members of the target population may have not participated because of their discomfort with online interactions.
8. Respondents may not feel encouraged to provide accurate, honest answers
9. Potential for errors. For example rushing through the survey and skipping over a question.
10. Double entry may occur
11. No interviewer
12. Technical glitches could occur in data collection.
13. Response rate could not be calculated with Facebook being our primary sampling source.
Number of Respondents:
How respondents were selected:
• Open to everyone on Facebook of the Millennial generation.
How respondents were contacted:
• Via Facebook newsfeed.
• No way of finding out.
Survey Monkey only reaches 100 surveys then asks for an upgrade.
The error rate and sampling confidence:
Sample Size Needed for 95%: 100
Confidence Interval: 9.64
1. Are you male or female?
2. Are you currently enrolled in college?
3. Do you believe that visible tattoos should be accepted in a professional setting?
4. Do you believe employers have a right to have a policy that restricts visible tattoos?
5. How many tattoos do you have?
6. Out of those tattoos, how many cannot be covered up?
7. Would you leave a tattoo visible for a job interview?
8. Would you get a tattoo in a place where it couldn't be covered up?
9. Do you believe a tattoo has jeopardized your employment with a company?
Are you a male or female?
Are you currently enrolled in college?
Do you believe that visible tattoos should be accepted in a professional setting?
Do you believe employers have a right to have a policy that restricts visible tattoos?
How many tattoos do you have?
Out of those tattoos, how many cannot be covered up?
Would you leave a tattoo visible for a job interview?
Would you get a tattoo in a place where it couldn't be covered up?
Do you believe a tattoo has jeopardized your employment with a company?
The data has proven thus far that the millennial generation does understand that tattoos will have an effect on their future careers.
If the millennial’s got a tattoo they did not just get one without thinking about their future.
Our survey sample agrees that it is unprofessional to have tattoos in the workplace