Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Family Office
" The "Tax"ing portion... What is the correct structure?
Partnership? Double Taxation Agreements Singapore and Isle of Man (21/9/12)
Singapore and Jersey (17/10/12)
Role of DTAs - clarity when and how tax is imposed. Taxing right, eliminate double taxation
Singapore- white list
Signed at least 12 formal agreements with other
jurisdictions Jersey a tax haven- an ancient
Jersey is self governing, own financial, legal, judicial system.
Low VAT and sets own income tax Structure Traditional vs. Modern
Private Banker vs. Serving in a Family Office Diversity? Affiliated multi-family office
By banks or specific entities that offer financial services
+ highly professional and experienced team of managers, reduce task monitoring and entail lower costs.
- Depersonalization and transfer of assets to office for management. Single family office
dedicated to a single family.
At least $500 million in assets to profitably build a family office (Burri 2005)
+ adapted to needs, confidentiality, reflects image of family.
- Cost of a single family maintaining this structure, need to hire/supervise specialized personnel. 10 European Family Offices moved to Singapore since financial crisis (Campden Wealth 2008)
Why Singapore? Regional family services unit targeting clients in Hong Kong and Singapore Set up a branch in Singapore UK- based, set up in 2011
Advise clients on business, philanthropy and next generation planning. Major Players in Singapore Trade or Business? Asian Structure
1) Holding Company
2) Trusts Tax Implications? Income Fee for Service/management fee to break even or make profit? Expenses 0.6%-1% of Assets under Mgmt bringing in gains from overseas S13W:exemption of relevant income