Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Which Chocolate Melts The Fastest?
Transcript of Which Chocolate Melts The Fastest?
By: Corben Hearn
Purpose of the Project
The purpose of the project is to find out if dark, white, or milk chocolate will melt faster.
I hypothesis that the milk chocolate will melt the fastest in the microwave and in the oven because, it appears to be creamier and thinner of all the three chocolates.
**1- 4.4 oz. Hershey Dark Chocolate Candy Bar
**1- 4.4 oz. Hershey Milk Chocolate Candy Bar
**1- 4.4 oz. Lindt Classic White Chocolate Bar
**1- Small Dixie brand paper plate
**1- Small round aluminum pan
**1- Small piece of aluminum foil
**1- Electric oven
**1- Microwave oven
1. Gathered all of the necessary materials to complete the project.
2. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Placed the small piece of milk chocolate, white chocolate, and dark chocolate onto small pan lined with aluminum foil into the oven for two minutes and then pulled it out and recorded results.
4. Put pan back into the oven for an additional three minutes (total of five minutes). Recorded results and took pictures.
5. Put pan back into oven for an additional two minutes (total of seven minutes). Recorded results and took pictures.
6. Put back into oven for an additional three minutes (total of ten minutes). Recorded results and took pictures.
7. Placed the small place of milk chocolate, white chocolate, and dark chocolate onto small paper plate. Placed in microwave for total of three minutes. Pulled out after each mnute to document results and take photos.
My hypothesis was half wrong and half correct. The milk chocolate did not melt the fastest in the oven. The end result of the experiment with the oven was that after ten minutes the dark chocolate was hardly melted and held up the best. It was still somewhat solid in the middle. The milk chocolate was starting to spread and was very creamy. The white chocolate melted all over and spread
around the pan. The end result of the experiment with the microwave was that after three minutes there was a horrible burning smell and the milk chocolate was crumbling and very melted and burnt. The dark was still slightly in place and melty looking. The white was not melted all the way but had a hige burnt spot in the middle.
The time in which the chocolate was placed in the oven and the microwave.
The amount the chocolate melted in each trial.