Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Bush Sr.
Maha Shaikh Milton, Massachusetts
Presidency: 1989-1993 Foreign Policies Domestic Policy Invasion of Panama
Somali Civil War
South Africa http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/general-article/bush-domestic/ Latin America supplied U.S. with illegal drugs
Before the operation:
1) protect the lives of U.S. citizens in Panama
2) defend democracy
3) combating drug trafficking
4) protect the terms of the Torrijos-Carter Treaties Dec. 20, 1989, 12,000 U.S. troops sent to invade Panama
arrested Panama's dictator Manuel Noriega Panama was guaranteed control of Panama Canal after 1999 Operation Nifty Package
-sank his boat & destroyed his jet
-$1 million reward -surrendered on Jan. 3, 1990
-convicted of drug trafficking
-40 yrs in jail Bush Administration arrested financier of a Colombian drug cartel Eduardo Martinez Romero Government: 500
Human Rights Groups:
1,000+ killed ~23 U.S. troops dead
~ 325 wounded http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/biography/presidents-bush/
-Bush's most important foreign policy challenge in the Persian Gulf
-Aug. 2, 1990: Iraq invaded Kuwait
*150,000 Iraqi troops overran Kuwaiti forces Persian Gulf War George H. W. Bush