Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
What Makes Ice Melt fastest?
Transcript of What Makes Ice Melt fastest?
What Makes Ice Melt fastest?
I think that the sugar will make the ice melt faster than the salt will make the ice melt.
The prupose of this experiment is to see whick makes ice melt faster: salt or sugar.
Ice: frozen water, a brittle, transparent crystalline solid.
Sugar: a sweet crystalline substance obtained from various plants, especially sugar cane and sugar beet and used as a sweetener in food and drink.
Salt:a white crystalline substance that gives seawater its characteristic taste and is used for seasoning or preserving food.
Some dangerous parts of these experiment was if you got salt on your skin and ice, you can burn your skin. Another dangerous part of this experiment was that salt could of gotten in your eyes and it would of burned.
I chose this experiment because I thought it would be fun. The purpose of this experiment was to see what maded ice melt fastest: sugar or salt. My hypothesis is that the ice will melt faster with sugar on it than the ice with salt on it. My results were that the one with salt melted faster than the ice with sugar on it.
The independent variable is the salt or sugar.
The dependent variable is the ice that is melting.
In order to do this experiment I needed the following:
- Ice Cubes
- Identical Plates or Saucers
-Eletronic kitchen balance
1. Grab two plates and ice cubes.
2. Put an ice cube on each plate ans pour salt on one plate and sugar on the other one
3. Start the stop watch
4. note down the time it took for the ice to melt in to water
5. Clean the plate and repeat the it 3 times
What Makes Ice Melt fastest
By: Fernando Pantoja- Garcia
An observation I saw was that the salt was making the ice melt faster than the sugar.
Time Trial 1
Time Trial 2
Time Trial 3
A trend I noticed was that no-matter what the ice with salt on it was always the first one to completly melt first. My conclusion is that ice with sugar will not melt faster than ice with salt. A error that could or probably happend was that I might of recorded the times wrong. A idea for a future experiment is: what can make dry ice melt faster, salt or sugar? I enjojed this experiment because it was cool seeing the ice melt very fast.
Real World Connection
My experiment ties into the real wordl because when tryng to melt ice you will need to know what will make ice melt faster. In my experiment I got to know wether salt or sugar made ice melt faster.
Chemist's study the structures, comostions, reactions, and other properties of substances. Chemists and Material scientist need at least a bachelor's degree in chemistry or a related field. Chemists work in labratories or offices. They usually work full time or regualar hours.
I want to thank my mom because she supported me while doing the experiment. I want to thank my dad because he was there to remind me to do my project and not be lazy. I also want to thank myself because without me there wouldn't be any project.
1. No Publisher. Bure of Labor Statistics. U.S. Department of Labor. Friday, April 6 2012. Online January 07, 2014
No Publisher. The Free Dictionary.The Fourth Edition. Online. 1/13/2014
3. Prockter, Louise M. "Ice in the Solar System". John Hopkins.2005. Print