Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Social Media Presentation
Transcript of Social Media Presentation
An Ear to Listen: Consumers offer valuable feedback.
Customer Service: Your customers can reach you 24/7 and vice versa.
Marketing: You can reach a diverse and widespread audience easily to promote sales, new products, and events.
Branding: It's a free communication tool that you can control to share your brand with the world.
Identity: Social media gives a face to your company's name. Why Social Media? So where is everyone going and how much time are they spending there? INSTAGRAM IN STATISTICS
80 million+ Registered Users
4 billion+ Photos Uploaded
5 million+ Photos Per Day
575 Likes Per Second
81 Comments Per Second People spend time where there are VISUALS. Photos
Photos March 2012: http://wearesocial.net/blog/2012/03/time-spent-social-networks/ I'm a candy buyer, equipment specialist, packaging technician, gift basket supplier...... No Candy Shop? For the Business Owner If you don't have a business and don't interact with customers, you can still use social media personally as a research tool. The Key to Success
The goal is not to get 10,000 fans. The goal is attract fans from the audience you are trying to reach and to engage them.
· Be prepared for negative feedback: complaints, insults, profanity, spam, ...
· Have a policy in place and a disclaimer on your page that explains that you follow Facebook’s terms of service and that posts that are inappropriate because of personal attacks, profanity or spam will be removed.
· Do not delete someone’s opinion. You can ignore it and let your fans come to your defense or you can respond politely and professionally. The rules of customer service apply to social media as well.
· If you delete negative feedback, you will find that the resulting backlash is worse than the initial negative post. People want their voices to be heard and if you take away their voice, they will start a fight. What to Expect “How Restaurants, Chefs and Bartenders are Dominating Instagram” http://bostinno.com/2012/06/19/how-7-local-restaurants-chefs-bartenders-are-dominating-instagram-images/ Find your own niche! Be creative.
Be social. Claim your venue
Get Started Here: https://foursquare.com/business/merchants/claiming
Hang up your foursquare window cling. See's Candies: Putting a Face to a Name When to Post! DO: posting links to Twitter between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. ET will give you the highest click rank, especially on days earlier in the week.
DON'T: Meanwhile, sending a tweet with a link after 8:00 p.m. should be avoided — as should posting links after 3:00 p.m. on Fridays. Twitter Facebook DO: Links sent between 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m. get the most traction, with Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. being the best time to post on Facebook all week.
DON'T: Links posted after 8:00 p.m. and before 8:00 a.m. on Facebook don’t get the most clicks. Similar to Twitter, bit.ly recommends not posting the links you want to go viral during the weekend. http://mashable.com/2012/05/09/best-time-to-post-on-facebook/ Using a Social Media Dashboard Management Select a Network Type Here Attach a Photo or Document Schedule Post Browse and Choose Image or Doc Join Groups. Get Inspiration. Warning: You Can Get Lost for HOURS! How Can I Use You Create SHORT (a few minutes long) videos that relay your message.
Brand your channel with a custom background.
Video Ideas: A quick tour of your facility, meet the candy makers, feature a product and how it can be used in recipes, candy making tips, etc.
Embed YouTube videos on your website, in newsletters, etc. YouTube provides the code. Look for ideas.
Watch for new trends.
See what your competitors are doing. tag, tag, tag Helpful Resources Getting Started Only create a social media account if you have a clearly defined purpose for it.
Gather your assets: existing photography and videos, logos, tag lines, newsletter and web content.
Be prepared to cross promote your social media efforts via your website, print collateral, blogs, newsletters, business cards, e-mail signature, and signage. Twitter
Reply Monitor Best Practices Monitor regularly and respond promptly
Develop a friendly persona
Post original content that is relevant and fresh
Be brief, but also be clear when delivering messages
Train your staff and make them aware of your social media mission and efforts. Facebook Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/ Twitter Support Center: https://support.twitter.com/ Involver Apps: http://www.involver.com/applications/ Social Media Today: http://socialmediatoday.com/ Tech Crunch: http://techcrunch.com/tag/facebook/ Social Media Examiner: http://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/ Mashable: http://mashable.com/social-media/