Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
The Lost City of Atlantis
Transcript of The Lost City of Atlantis
We think that Atlantis sunk from earthquakes and tsunamis. We also think that it may not have even existed. There is no conclusion, this mystery is still unsolved.
Why is this a mystery?
There is many theories about the location of Atlantis, but no one knows exactly where it went. People want to find Atlantis because in Plato's telling, Atlantis, a city dripping in riches and marked by avarice, loses to virtuous Athens.
Where is/was it?
Scientists are convinced that Atlantis is submerged just north of Cadiz. People have been searching for Atlantis for thousands for years, but no one really knew where it was or where it is now.
Different peoples view points/theories
The entire island was said to have disappeared into the Atlantic Ocean after a day and night of fierce earthquakes and floods.
Atlantis didn't exist at all-Plato invented it
Atlantis was Antarctica
Atlantis was swallowed up by the Bermuda Triangle
Atlantis was a Mid-Atlantic continent that suddenly sunk into the ocean
Plato believes Atlantis was taken by a tsunami