Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Just Wash Your Hands
Transcript of Just Wash Your Hands
After Body Fluid Exposure Risk: this step included glove removal and ensured that the medical staff member was protected against harmful bacteria and viruses
After Contact With a Patient or with the Patient's Environment.
Low hand washing compliance
Power And Influence
Just Clean Your Hands
Sean Cook, Caitlin Kane, Brittany Maddox, Jaime Seaman
1. Post information to increase general knowledge and improve efficacy
2. Designate department "Captains"
3. Organize and hold workshops to inform non medical staff and volunteers, in addition to medical staff
4. Distribute surveys to all staff, and visitors, when possible and appropriate
5. Hold seminars to further awareness and inform of program details
6. Analyze data, make alterations where necessary
7. Set department SMART goals
8. Implement observer scoring system
9. Reevaluate goals and strategies following implementation of scoring system
10. Make necessary changes to scoring system or program to correct any issues found
Engaging Student Volunteers
Goal Setting Theory
Four Key Moment in Handwashing
Health Care Experts have identified 4 Key Moments to handwashing: they are described as the following
Before Initial Contact With a patient or with the patients environment: including furniture, clothing, medical devices, telephones and any personal items. This Moment is to protect the patient from harmful micro-organisms Carried on a staff member's hand
Before Surgical Procedures. This step helped prevent germs that were on the health-care Worker or the patient from entering in the patient's body.