Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Introduction to Functional Skills Maths
Transcript of Introduction to Functional Skills Maths
Why do you need to do Maths?
Harris, S; September 2014, Daily Mail
What levels do we do?
Entry Levels 1, 2 & 3
Levels 1 & 2
What does the course involve?
Which level will you do?
Your tutor will discuss this with you and it will be decided based on:
the standard of your work in the first few lessons
What will the course involve?
1 lesson a week for 3 hours
There will be a short break in the middle of the lesson
You will be expected to do independent revision and exam practice at home
Lessons will involve a mixture of:
Each week a different topic will be covered, including:
There will also be review sessions every 6 weeks to assess each individuals progress. This will include practice and mock exams.
How will you be assessed?
Level 1 & 2
1hour and 30 mins
You need to get approx 60-65% of the marks to pass.
Entry 1 &2= 1 hour
Entry 3=1hour and 30mins
You need to get 75% of the question correct to pass- this is the same as 15 out of 20
It will be completed in class with your tutor.
Calculators are allowed.
Has to be taken at specific times.
Calculators are allowed.
1. Write your first name
2. Now find the numbers that match the letters in your name
3. Add up the score
4. Arrange your-selves in order from lowest score to highest
5. Tell me your name, one interesting thing about your-self and one thing you like about Maths
Where do you use Maths at work and
in everyday life?
What is the total cost of your travel
to college for 1 year?
In pairs try to calculate the answer- I want to know what information you need and what method you used to get to a result.
About me!! - Emma Chatelier
Office: Room A143
Phone: 01753 793242
Nelson, B; April 2014, The Northern Echo
- Graphs/ data
2 Written Papes