Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
GenNEXT 2014 NSM
Transcript of GenNEXT 2014 NSM
A BUSY 2013!
Consistently interrupting only the analyst on your team
Checking your phone when a specific person on your team is speaking
Always giving recognition to your team, but consistently ignoring the successes of a specific colleague
What are Micromessages?
Subtle, semi-conscious, de-valuing, messages which discourage and impair performance
Subtle messages which convey expectation and appreciation which can spark creativity, raise effectiveness, and increase performance
Constantly interrupting people
Checking your phone all the time
Always getting people's names wrong
Why is it important to recognize microinequities?
Decrease in Sharing Ideas or Taking Risks
Decrease in Productivity
Increase in Discrimination Complaints
3 Ways to Minimize Microinequities
Monitor the ways you send messages to those you respect and replicate those to others
Call behaviors out when observed by others
“If you see something, say something”
Encourage others to call out behaviors in you when they observe it
And if you think Microinequities 1 taught you a lot...
Get Ready for Microinequities 2!
Satisfy your 2014 D&I Leadership Expectations!
1. Microinequities I or II
2. At least one Diversity University training