Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Globe
After the fire
James Burbage built the theatre in 1576
Father of Richard and Cuthbert,
members of the company
Lord Chamberlain's Men
Destroyed by fire
The end of the first Globe
a tiled roof, 1614
Destroyed by Puritans
April 15, 1644
350 years later...1997
180 meters away from the original location
Only wooden pegs and beams
All ages welcome
Moving around is common
No proper attire
Facts you should know about the Globe
Color coded flags were used outside the theatre to show the type of play to be performed - a red flag for a history play, white for a comedy and black for a tragedy play.
Plays were only shown during the summer.
The term "box office" originated at the Globe Theatre.
Serious outbreaks of the Bubonic plague caused the Globe Theatre to close down three times.
Lord Chamberlain's Men Played...
" We are such stuff as dreams are made on"