Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
MBA 611 Org. Leadership
Transcript of MBA 611 Org. Leadership
Employee: Jim Sinegal
Hire date: 1954
Supervisor: Sol Price
Next career adventure:
eventually became their Vice President
1st Location: Seattle Warehouse
James (Jim) Sinegal
Born: January 1, 1936
Raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1955: Attended San Diego Junior College
Received Associates of Arts
CEO & President of COSTCO
company is built on "word of mouth"
Why Jim Sinegal is a successful leader:
-"Give before you get"
- surround yourself with the right people
-"Keep everything as simple as possible"
- people are what make a business work
great benefits for employees
selling merchandise close to cost builds a loyal customer base
keep office door open
good thinker/ idea developer
What's the big hype?
Sinegal decided he was ready to launch his own company . . .
is more important than the next"
"The Six Rights"
hiring the right employee
While working at FedMart, Jim found his true passion in life:
obey the law
taking care of employees
keeping inventory lean
quality customer service
treasure hunt layout
Founder of FedMart, Sol Price
& began a competing business called ...
- a membership discount store -
San Diego State University while working at:
stopped attending San Diego State University
Decided to climb the corporate ladder to...
Vice President of Merchandising & Operations of FedMart
combined ideas from FedMart* & Price Club such as:
strong label program
items are marked up no more than 15%
“It’s funny the way things work out. You go in search of one thing and end up finding something else."
10 years later...