Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Inferno
Mock Author Interview Activity
1. As Dante wearing a wreath of laurel leaf, the
speaker of groups 1-5 will answer the questions
from the speaker of groups 6-10 and vice versa.
2. Questions shall be answered according to the
point of view of Dante not of your own.
3. Your performance will be evaluated according to
the art of questioning and the appropriateness
of the point of view.
4. Ten points will be the highest score.
1. What warning was posted at the top
of the gate?
2. Describe the place and the people that
Dante was taken to.
3. Cite persons, places, objects or actions
that are allegorical to the story's milieu
and Dante's life.
4. Explain how these allegories reflect the
conditions during the Dark Ages.
1. Contrast Dante's concept of afterlife from the
Palestinian's Bible and the Egyptian's
Book of the Dead.
2. Explain how Dante's
Dark Ages of the Western Roman Empire.
1. Dante's use of allegory makes the concept of
afterlife different from the Palestinian's and the
2. Inferno mirrors the lack of scientific and cultural
advancement of Medieval Europe during the Dark
by Dante Alighieri
1. Differentiate the use of
in writing a persuasive text.
2. Explain which rhetorical device that
Dante widely used in
Studied at University of Bologna
Came under the influence of Ser Brunetto Latini
Had an arranged marriage at 12
Fell in love with Beatrice at 10
Fought in a battle at Campaldino
Member of the Guelph Party
Holy Roman Empire
Fall of the
In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
And the fifth angel blew his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from heaven to earth, and he was given the key to the shaft of the bottomless pit.
2 Thessalonians 1:6-7
God is just; He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing
fire with his powerful angels.
Coming Forth By Day
Homage to you, O bull of Amentet
Thoth the king of eternity is with me.
I am the great god by the side of the divine boat.
I am your kinsman Osiris.
A Hymn to Ra
Let there be prepared for me a seat in the boat of the Sun on the day whereon the god saileth.
Book of the Dead