Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Life of tattoo
Transcript of Life of tattoo
stature and rank
2. PURPOSE OF TATTOOING
symbols of religious,
to identify foe
sexual lures and marks of fertility
Oetzi, an Iceman
57 tattoos used for therapeutic reasons
over 5000 years
from about 2400 years ago
tattoos of animals gave them magical powers
Mummies in the Altai Mountains
back to 2100 BC
Tattoos in Egypt
Maori tattooing in New Zealand;
the facial tattoo;
curved shapes and spiral patterns;
a symbol of rank, social status, power, and prestige;
the story of the wearer's family and tribal affiliation.
Men - on their faces, buttocks (raperape) and thighs (puhoro).
Women - on their lips (ngutu) and chins (kauae).
long and labor-intensive process
used knives and chisels (uhi), either smooth or serrated, and the ink
5. MODERN STYLES
start on the streets of Los Angeles in the Hispanic areas
1. Black and grey
elements of machines with organics;
was popularized in 1979 (H.R. Giger designed the alien creatures in film Alien)
colorful and graceful beauty and designs;
Koi fish, Cherry Blossom branches, dragon and tiger
based off of ancient tribal designs such as Aztec, Samoan, Polynesian, Indian, Hawaiian, Egyptian, Mayan, and Maori.
tradition in the newest Western history;
bright colors frames with bold black outlines.
5. Traditional Old School
6. Nature Inspired
nature themed tattoos
6. INTERESTING FACTS
1. More women than men are getting tattooed today.
2. The tattooing machine is based on the design of the doorbell.
4. Lucky Diamond Rich is world's most tattooed person from New Zealand.
5. Also, tattoos were at Albert Einstein, Nicholas II and Stalin.
3. George C. Reiger Jr. has over 1,000 Disney tattoos, including all 101 Dalmatians.
Thank you for the attention ;)
the polynesian "ta" - "striking something"
the tahitian "tatau" - "to mark something".