Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Elizabethan England
4. What were buildings made out of in towns in Elizabethan England.
1. What was the population of Stratford-upon-Avon in Shakespeare's time?
William Shakespeare was born in Stratford-upon-Avon, a small country town in Warwickshire which was a little bigger than a village and boasted a weekly market. The Elizabethan market town of Stratford-on-Avon consisted of half - timbered buildings and was situated in rural England and surrounded by countryside and woodlands. The population of Elizabethan England was less than five million, London had a population of 200,000.
2. Name 3 types of shops or stalls you would have found in an Elizabethan town.
Pepperers and Grocers
3. What is rother the old English word for?
It is a piece of land sticking out.