Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Christian Personal Relationships: Learning to Love one another
Transcript of Christian Personal Relationships: Learning to Love one another
But what is the CHRISTIAN Alternative?
1. emphasis on feelings
God's Kingdom - not system of beliefs
LOVE ONE ANOTHER
Characteristics of Christian Personal Relationships
characterized by technological change, mobility and the individualistic ethos
a. Society provides fewer and fewer guidelines for relationships, and leaves large areas of life open for individual decision.
b. But society also suggests more and more possible models
result = UNSTABLE RELATIONSHIPS
5 areas of personal life and relationships have been affected
2. Fear of Commitment
3. There is poverty in relationships.
4. Relationships lack expressions of affection and personal support
5. Low self-esteem.
a sexual relationship
a circle of close friends
A recognition that we are all brothers and sisters in Christ
reaction vs. response
God wants to place His love within us.
A body of brothers and sisters in the Lord
“Let us love one another, because love is of God.” (I John 4:7)
B. Questions for Reflection
1. How are my relationships? Are they committed — are they loving and service oriented?
2. How does God want me to relate with others?
3. What changes should I make in my life and relationships in order to obey His will?
Christian Personal Relationships