Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Electrolysis
Victor de la Garza
We think that when we connect a battery to the pencils in water the current will cause a chemical reaction separating the basic components in water
Electrolysis is a method used for putting apart a compound using a direct electric current (DC).
In this experiment we are going to use this to separate Sodium Chloride (NCl)
into its basic components: Sodium (Na), Oxygen (O), Chloride (Cl) and Hydrogen (H).
By : Víctor de la Garza
How to use electrolysis to put apart a compound
We cut the carboard to fit over the glass (about 13x15in2
We also remove the metal tips of both pencils and sharpen both ends.
What will happen when we connect a battery to the pencils that are in water?
water splits into hydrogen and chlorine gas