Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in the manual
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Annie Dale Biddle Andrews
Transcript of Annie Dale Biddle Andrews
Annie had two children with her husband: one boy and one girl. They were six years apart from each other.
Andrews attended the University of California at Berkley.
By Keir Witherspoon
What Did She Do?
Annie Andrews was born on December 13th, 1885
She was born in Hanford, California
Andrews' parents were Samuel E. Biddle and A. A. Biddle
Annie Andrews married Samuel Andrews in 1912. She met him at the university of Washington where she was currently working.
- Andrews was the first woman to receive a P.h.D. in mathematics from the University at Berkley.
- Annie Andrews worked as a professor in math at the University of Washington from 1911-1912
- She taught:
Mathematical Theory of Investment
Plane Analytic Geometry
Solid Analytic Geometry
Andrews' name is remembered in history because she published a paper on the space qartic of the second kind by synthetic methods. This paper proved her worth to the other more known and accepted mathematicians and she, too, was accepted by society as a mathematician.