Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Manual handling
Is the biggest cause of injury in the construction industry
serious & long-term health effects
to avoid injury
Injuries can result from a single movement
However chronic injuries due to progressive wear and tear are far more common
clear your way
assess sizes &
- feet shoulder width apart
- use the muscles in your thighs
- bend your knees & flex your hips
- keep your elbows & the load close to your body
- avoid twisting at your waist, turn your feet
get SOMEONE to give you a hand - don’t attempt to handle a heavy or awkward load by yourself
get SOMETHING to give you a hand - such as a wheelbarrow, forklift, scissor lift or crane. note: you must be trained and certified to operate mobile equipment.
Consider the possible wear and tear on your body with every move
don't regret not asking, or waiting, for help with a lift
Store heavy items at waist height
strengthen, and make use, of your core muscles
Someone or something?