Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Transition Words
Complex Transitions to Compare:
Complex Transitions to Contrast:
Transitions are glue that hold your writing together.
Too many transitions can be just as confusing as too few transitions.
THEY ARE VERY IMPORTANT!!!
What is the transition word's purpose?
Transition words are used to make a writing move smoothly.
Transition words help readers keep on track from one idea to the next.
Transition words help readers keep on track from one sentence to the next.
Transition words help readers keep on track from paragraph to the next.
When to use your transition words
Usually come at the beginning of a paragraph.
Just make sure that you use a variety of transitions through out your paper.
Examples of basic transitions:
my mom filled the pitcher with water.
we stirred in the coolaid.
we took some glasses out of the cabinet and filled them with ice.
we poured the coolaid into the cups and enjoyed.
on the contrary
as opposed to
on the other hand
for this reason
in addition to