Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Netherlands
By: Vani S, Meenuya J and Anjana C
-It is located in Western Europe between
It is located in Western Europe in between the countries Belgium and Germany
It covers an area of 41, 547 square miles
The land is about a tenth of California,USA
It is the third most densely populated country in the European Union
People & Culture
Netherlands vibrant tulip fields attract thousands of tourists per year
More than 10,000 flowers begin to bloom in spring in these fields
The best place to experience the beauty of these tulips is at Keukenhof
Netherlands' Tulip Fields
- The people in Netherlands play Football for a living.
- Netherlanders use bicycles more often for
transportation than cars.
- 30% of the population are catholic.
-Queen's Day, Remembrance Day and Liberation Day are celebrated in addition to the holidays of the Christian tradition
- Long time ago, the land was fully underwater
-In older maps you can see parts of the land missing, like the one below
- The Netherlands was under France's rule until 1814.
- The Netherlands joined with Belgium and Germany to form one country called "The Kingdom of Netherlands"
-Eventually, the three countries wanted to become independent
-In World War II, Germany took over Netherlands for 5 years.
The capital city of Netherlands is
Netherlands has a population of 16, 877, 351 people
The people of Netherlands are mostly Dutch
Dutch is also the official language
The Dutch are known to be very outgoing and friendly people
The Dutch are known to be the tallest people in the world
The King and Queen of Netherlands are King Willem-Alexander and Queen Maxima.
1 cup plain sifted flour
1 1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 eggs, whisked
oil for brushing
salt for taste
1. Combine the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix the sugar and salt into the bowl.
2. Pour the water into the bowl and begin to combine using a whisk and next add eggs and stir everything together.
3. Combine remaining ingredients into the bowl and then let it rest for 10 mins.
4. Heat the dimpled cast iron pan and brush some oil.
5. Pour one tbsp of batter into each hole. Flip it over once bubbles start to appear.
6. The Poffertjes are ready to be served once both sides are golden brown.
Canada's food guide
- Poffertjes is not very nutritious
- It does have milk which comes from the dairy group
-It has eggs which comes from the meat and alternatives group
- Aside from milk and eggs, the rest of the ingredients aren't filled with nutrients.
Netherlands' Staple Dishes
What are Poffertjes?
- Poffertjes are baby pancakes served with melted
butter and powdered sugar.
- These baby pancakes are given as a welcome gift in
- Made with special equipment, the equipment is a
dimpled cast iron.
What is Rijsttafel ?
- The Dutch dish Rijstaffel translated in English is "rice table."
- It consists of 12 to 25 different dishes that include rice, noodles and fried rice in one meal setting.
- The wide variety of flavors is to impress the visiters.
-Netherlands is one of the world's largest exporter of agricultural and food products
-More than 27% of the total land is used for crop production.
-Grasslands take up 54% of all agricultural lands
-The principal crops are sugar beets, potatoes, wheat, barley, rye and triticale
-Some of the foods that get exported are hothouse tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and flowers
Due to the low altitude, regions produce super moist soil, resulting in the abundance of grass and the enormous development of the dairy industry.
Where can you buy the ingredients?
- No frills
- Food Basics
Thanks for listening to our presentation! We hope you learned a thing or two about Netherlands.
-Netherlands has temperate, gentle winters and cool summers
-Annual rainfall measurement is 790mm
-Average temperature in July is 17°C
-Average temperature in January is 2°C