Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Playground Rules
Oliveira Playground Rules
Stay in designated areas: stay behind the red lines
Stay in the eyesight of yard duties: areas behind library, past the mural wall by rooms 29, 30, and 34, or behind any buildings are OFF LIMITS
Walk around the classrooms to go from intermediate rooms to playground: do not walk through courtyard
Bathrooms are NOT play areas!
Stay in the eyesight of adults
Toys and/or electronic devices are not allowed at school or on the school bus.
Balls are to be kicked on the field only
Footballs are to be used in the field only. Only flag football is permitted.
Red playground balls may be thrown in open areas. Basketballs may be thrown in basketball courts. All other objects are not to be thrown
Playground Equipment Guidelines
Take turns on all equipment
Slide feet first on your bottom down the slide
Count to 20 slowly to get your turn on a swing
Stop the swing completely before getting off. Swings go BACK and FORTH, not SIDE to SIDE
Hang from the bars: do not sit on, stand, or do fancy drops
ONE PERSON on monkey bars at a time
NO TAG IS ALLOWED!!!!
Oliveira is a "TAG FREE" campus!
No balls are allowed in the tan bark
The ball may only bounce once in each square
If the ball hits the line, the person who hit the ball is out
A person may refuse a bad serve
No catching the ball
The ball must bounce once then hit the wall
The ball cannot bounce more than once
Players cannot hold the ball for more than 3 seconds
Only hands may touch the ball
Players must stay out of the way of the ball
ONLY red playground balls may be used
- A snack may be eaten at first recess and must be eaten while sitting on a bench: There is no eating on the playground
- Students are to WALK to line when the bell rings, holding the balls
- Climbing is for the playground only. Do not stand or climb on benches, tables, trees, or buildings.
- The ramp by the science lab and room 27 and the space by the portables are OFF LIMITS
A student is OUT if he/she:
- Touches the rope
- Catches the ball
- Crosses the center line
- Uses the pole to get to the ball
- Hits the ball with anything other than his/her hand
- Keep hands, feet, and mouth to yourself at all times. No inappropriate touching or embracing is allowed, and no rough housing (picking each other up wrestling, etc).
Rules are in place to keep you safe. If you choose to break the rules and put yourself in danger:
Multiple reminders will result in further consequences including parent contact, office referrals, or lost recess time.
If you need to be reminded of the rules, a yard duty or teacher may decide to have you sit out for a period of time for breaking the playground rules
General Equipment Guidelines
Be safe. Have fun!