Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Women's Right's
In 1919 the 19th amendment ratification was announced. It took 6 Days for only three states to approve, 16 days for 6, and after only a year 35 states agreed. The southern states did not agree. It was up to Tennessee.
Friday March 18, 2016
In the Begining.
"Women Make the difference"
The movement started with women not being able to go to college. They were told to go to grade school and then become a housewife. In the year 1850. a Wyoming college allowed girls to go. 3 years later all 50 states agreed.
The National American women's suffrage Association run by Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton was the group to be in if you were looking to protest . The people in this association illegally voted, trying to prove that they have a voice too.
November, 1920: women get to vote!
I really enjoyed learning about what the women had to do and go through to get the rights I have today. It makes me want to stand up for what i believe in so it will happen.
In 1920 when the 19th Amendment was set, women were still fighting for job equality. Some went on strike, to show their seriousness.