Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Teaching rhyming: Rhyme time- A Giraffe and a half.
Transcript of Teaching rhyming: Rhyme time- A Giraffe and a half.
Can you name some rhyming pairs you
Miss M's Class
You are What You Create:
The Reality of Imagination
The Flying Carpets...
What other words can we use that rhyme with these words?
Every word begins with the same sound!
Does anyone know an example of alliteration?
Hey there Class!
1. Get into a pair!
2. I will use note cards with rhyming words on them from the story
3. Each player in the beginning of the line try to come up with a rhyming word for the card that is shown.
My Animal Poem
I found a dog one day.
He likes to ____________________
His friends are __________________
They often like to ________________
Construct-a-Word: is a tool that you can use to generate rhyming words, practice their skills and build a word bank.
Do we know what it means to
Do you know words that rhyme?
Lets brainstorm words!
Today we will be reading a
story and looking for words
that rhyme and creating
Rhymes are words that sound the same at the end of the word. Like
It is time to practice with other animals!
, ANY ANIMAL, and come up with
that can rhyme with it.
1. Take a page
2. write your animal
3. Three words that rhyme with the animal
4. Draw pictures of the animal and the rhyming words
Cat, hat, mat, splat
Examples of Alliteration!
Does anyone know any tongue twisters or phrases?
How about....Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled pepper.
Busy as a bee
1. Pick an animal
2. Pick 3 words that describe it
3. The words must have the same first
An acrostic poem is when the first letters of each line spell out a word or phrase. The word or phrase can be a name, a thing, or whatever you like!!
What is an Acrostic poem?
Lets try make
alliterate acrostic poems!
hairy, happy, heavy
angry, arty, awful
tasty, terrible, tight