Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of 60s Music
- Grateful Dead
- Creedence Clearwater Revival
- Janis Joplin
- The Who
- The Band
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
- Jimmi Hendrix - 3 day music & art festival held in Bethel, New York in August of 1969
- Approximately 500,000 people attended
- Drugs were used (Marijuana and psychedelic drugs) -Began his career in a doo-wop quartet, the Marquees
- Started writing his own music
-Called "the number-one purveyor of soul music"
-Tragically shot and killed in 1984 by his father - Diana Ross, Mary Wilson, Florence Ballard
- Sang Doo-wop, pop, soul, Broadway show tunes, psychedelic soul, and disco
- Most successful Motown group Most Popular Songs: "Stop in the Name of Love" "Baby Love" - Eddie Kendricks, David Ruffin, Paul Williams, Melvin Franklin, Otis Williams
- Together for 5 years
- Played R&B, doo-wop, funk, disco, and soul
- Well known for their flashy suits - Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon and Michael Jackson
- Popular music family group
- Sold 100 million records worldwide Most Popular Songs: "I Want You Back"
"I'll be there"
"ABC" -Country/Rock singer-songwriter, actor, and author
-One of the most influential songwriters
-Died in 2003 from Diabetes "Ring of Fire"
"I Walk the Line" -American country music song writer, singer,
guitarist, fiddler, and instrumentalist
-Started in 1963 and still performs today "Workin' Man's Blues"
"Mama Tried" -American country and pop music singer, piano player
-She died at age 30 at the height of her career
in a private plane crash
-First female solo artist inducted to the Country Music Hall of Fame "I Fall to Pieces"
"Crazy" -Mike Love, Carl Wilson, David Marks, Dennis Wilson, Brian Wilson
-an American rock band, formed in 1961 in Hawthorne, California
-Played rock, pop, surf rock, psychedelic rock "Surfin' USA"
"Wouldnt It Be Nice"
"Barbara Ann" -American rock band that gained popularity in the late 1960s and early 1970s
-John Fogerty, Stu Cook, Tom Fogerty, Doug Clifford
-Sold 26 million albums in the United States alone
-Broke up in 1971 "Bad Moon Rising"
"Proud Mary" -Rock/Folk group formed in California in 1968
-David Crosby, Stephen Stills and Graham Nash
-Neil Young was apart of the group sometimes
-They still get together every once and a while to play music -James Marshall "Jimi" Hendrix
-American musician, singer and songwriter, guitarist
-Named one of the greatest guitar players of all time
-Played funk & psychedelic rock "Purple Haze"
"Foxey Lady" -English rock band formed in London in 1962
-Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Brian Jones
-Still tour and create music "Paint it Black"
"You Can't Always Get What You Want" -English rock band formed in 1964
-Pete Townshend, Roger Daltrey, Keith Moon, John Entwistle
-First hard rock band "My Generation"
"Pinball Wizard" -Started as an imaginary band for a TV show, but actually became a real one
-Michael Nesmith, Micky Dolenz,
Peter Tork, Davy Jones "I'm a Believer"
"Daydream Believer" Songs "Love Me Do" (1962)
"I Wanna Hold Your Hand" (1963)
"A Hard Days Night" (1964)
"Yellow Submarine" 1966)
"All You Need is Love" (1967)
"Across the Universe" (1968)
"Let It Be" (1969) Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: Most Popular Songs: -English rock band formed in Liverpool in 1960
-They became the most commercially successful
& critically acclaimed act in the rock music era
-John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr
-John started his band "The Quarrymen" which later became the Beatles, broke up in 1970
-Have sold over 1 Billion records, have 16 of the 100 most successful songs of all time
-John and Paul are considered the greatest songwriting duo ever Bob Dylan -American musician, singer-songwriter, record producer, artist, poet, and writer.
-Influential figure in popular music &culture for more than five decades.
-Still writes and performs music now Most Popular Songs: "Like a Rolling Stone"
"Mr. Tambourine Man" The Animals -English band of the 1960s, formed in Newcastle
-John Steel, Mick Gallagher, Eric Burdon, Chas Chandler, Hilton Valentine
-known for their gritty, bluesy sound
-moved to California and achieved success as a psychedelic and hard rock band Most Popular Songs: "The House of the Rising Sun"
"It's My Life" "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" "Marrakesh Express" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CT586E9OUfg "I Want You Back": "Mama Tried": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziFI_0Fx5ts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngPXQDIgWQs "Proud Mary": "Paint it Black": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVL-oKOX87w http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5ejt-TTExA "All My Loving" at the Ed Sullivan Show