Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Third Grade Body Idioms
Transcript of Third Grade Body Idioms
Mouth Chin Legs Hand Fingers Thumb Chest Neck a) I have huge ears.
b) I'm listening.
c) I can't hear you. b) I'm listening Example:
Are you listening to me?
Yes, speak, I'm all ears! To get cold feet a) To become nervous or frightened about something important you have to do.
b) To forget to wear your socks to bed in the winter.
c) To try something new and fail. a) To become nervous or frightened about something important you have to do. Example:
John got cold feet before his wedding and almost called it off. To be head over heels a) To fall over
b) To be in love
c) To be confused b) To be really in love Example:
I'm falling head over heels in love with him. To have a Green Thumb a) To eat too many vegetables.
b) To spill paint on your thumb.
c) To be good at growing plants. c) To be good with plants Example:
My grandmother has very beautiful flowers. She has such a green thumb. To have a big mouth a) To eat a lot
b) To be unable to keep secrets.
c) To have many teeth. b) Someone who can't keep a secret. Example:
Don't tell her anything! She has a big mouth! Keep your chin up! a) To stay happy during a hard time.
b) Watch out!
c) To try something new. a) Stay happy & positive during a hard time. Example:
He can't find a job, but he is keeping his chin up. A pain in the neck a) An injury in the neck or back.
b) A hard job.
c) Something that is very annoying. c) Something that is very annoying. Example:
My little brother won't leave me alone. He is such a pain in the neck. My lips are sealed a) I can't breathe.
b) I will keep a secret; I will not tell anyone.
c) I'm on a diet and trying not to eat too much. b) I will keep a secret! Example:
I won't tell anyone, my lips are sealed. Examples: 1) After I got a bad grade on my English test, my mom told me to keep my chin up; I would do better next time.
2) My sister has such a big mouth; she told everyone that I used to wet the bed.
3) My mom never thinks I listen to her, but every time she talks I'm all ears. Example: A: Lisa, I have something to tell you, but you can't tell anyone!
B: My lips are sealed!
A: So Bob and Kate were supposed to get married in June, but Bob got cold feet and now the wedding is called off!
B: Oh no! That's awful. Poor Kate!