Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
World History Assignment 3.03
Transcript of World History Assignment 3.03
It was some sort of an excavation site discovered by Elsa Redmond. And was also used as a living quarters for the high-ranking priests. The structure of the temple indicates a hierarchy-in addition to the main room, there was a large kitchen along with a few small rooms at the back.
These are called vessels, and are used for special occasions. Ceremonial pottery also known as huaco was of the best quality material and the most elaborate, it was made specifically for ceremonial purposes or rituals only, such as in burial grounds containing drinks and food that the dead would need for its journey.
Olmec Head Statue
People believes that those heads are for the important people during the old times in Mexico. They were carved from huge basalt boulders, some quarried in the Tuxtlas Mountains; some from the basalt of Cerro Cintepec; others from basalt found on San Martin Volcano.