Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Louis XIV vs. Peter the great.
Transcript of Louis XIV vs. Peter the great.
Louis The XIV
- Louis the XIV was one of the powerful leaders in France's history.
Peter the great
- After the childhood scar of the Streltsy revolt Peter the Great wanted to move the capitol of Russia to a new city. He didnt want to move it in to an existing city, he decided to build a new one called
Similarities of louis XIV and Peter the Great
- One of the major similarities was having traumatic
events in their childhood , the Steltsy revolt for Peter the great then the louis the XIV.
Differences between Louis XIV and Peter ther great.
- They both had different goals peter's was to bring Rassia to the a new age and Louis's was to destroy the hapsburgs power in europe.
- Which was a better ruler?
Both were great rulers but think peter the great was a better ruler becauase if it wasnt for hime russia wouldnt be what it is today.
- When he became king , this led to a hatred of the
nobility and it also led to the move of the capitol of
France to near by Versailles. Hatred of the nobility
led him to keep them under a very watchful eye and
to try to keep them out of his government.
- He also set up one of the largest spy rings in
- Louis was a very powerful ruler because he was
able to collect taxes without having to call the
French Estates General.
- Louis the XIV greatly expanded the French army,
a necessity because he was at war for 33 year
of his 54-year reign, the amry increased
from 25,000 to 250,000.
- Peter set a goal to focus on bringing into the new age since they were so behind nations in europe.
- he also know for creating the first Russian
navy and various naval representative.
- Like Peter , louis wanted complete control of his people
, as he said , " One King, one law, one faith".
- Both of them worked on improving their militaries.
- Peter the great and Louis the XIV both tried to
manipulate and control the nobilty to maintain their
- Louis XIV was 4 when he took the throne and Peter the great was 9 when he took the throne.
- Which was more aggressive?
Louis the XIV was more
more aggressive because he was in war for 33 years
and he destroyed hapsburg.
- Who did more for their country?
Peter the great because not only did he shaped russia into what it is today Peter the great build a whole new city and created russia first navy.
- Who would i want to be ruled by?
I would want
to get ruled by peter the great.