Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS (VCA)
Transcript of VALUE CHAIN ANALYSIS (VCA)
Michael Porter: The Value Chain
How to do VCA
VCA: What is it?
Analysis of activities in the VC to identify competitive strength for a business
Simple VC of a Cake
Value Chain (VC) : Organizational activities ranging from raw materials, to the final product for the consumer.
WHY VCA IS DONE
Optimal allocation of resources
Value-creating activities: Competitive advantage
Potential sources of economic advantage
OBJECTIVES OF VCA
1. Secure cost advantages
2. Create differentiated products for customers
Firm Infrastructure Human Capital Management
Procurement Systems and Technology
• Resources and capabilities: sustainability
• Encourages delivery of value to customer
• Exemplifies existing SWOT analysis
• Understanding relative competitive position
• Pace at which technology and customer demands change
• Data required is expensive
• Time-consuming analysis
• Not compatible with internal accounting data of a firm
1. Define Strategic Business Units
2. Value-Creating Activities
3. Internal Cost Analysis
4. Internal Differentiation Value Analysis
5. Industry Profit Pool
6. Vertical Linkage Analysis
1. GATHERING INGREDIENTS