Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
6 MONTHS JOURNEY OF INTERNSHIP
Transcript of 6 MONTHS JOURNEY OF INTERNSHIP
PRESENTED BY: MUHAMMAD HAFIZ BIN MOHD AMIN
Journey began on the 2nd of December 2013
-KPMG in Malaysia provides audit, tax and advisory services. Established in 1928, not only is our firm one of the oldest in Malaysia, but also the oldest KPMG firm in the Asia Pacific region. With approximately over 1,800 staff positioned in 10 offices nationwide, their goal is turn knowledge into value for the benefit of our clients, our people, and the capital markets.
-KPMG operates as an international network of member firms offering audit, tax and advisory services. They work closely with their clients, helping them to mitigate risks and grasp opportunities.
- During my internship period at KPMG, the key lesson that I learnt is providing value and producing detailed results.
- I also learnt about the value of knowledge and the importance of having a good working ethics
- Risk management and assessment is also important when dealing with clients
- Working together and giving assistance where necessary.
After 6 months of internship, I finally made it as a Tax Consulting Assistant.
STRENGTH - WEAKNESS
- Key strength, is my ability to converse in English and work well with the team. Apart from that, I am also willing to do anything they ask me to without complaints even if its just admin work. - EVERY JOB STARTS AT THE BOTTOM
- Key weakness, is the hardship to overcome the difference in environment. Very few malay's are in the firm, and the firm practices values that are quite different from what I was used to during study life. - PERSEVERANCE IS KEY
OPPORTUNITIES - THREATS
- The biggest opportunity I had was they were in need of new workers, so I took the opportunity to prove I'm worthy of hire and asked if I could be absorbed there. - DON'T BE SHY TO ASK
- The biggest threat was, I was not from an accounting background and had very little knowledge in the accounting field. So I took opportunity to ask and learn from the seniors so I have knowledge of what is going on. - ALWAYS ASK AND LEARN FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW
Absorbed into KPMG Tax
Services Sdn Bhd
Department of Transfer Pricing