Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Transcript of Matthew Henson
He was the first African-American to reach the north pole.
Matthew Henson was born on a farm in Maryland.
1887 Henson met commander Robert E Peary.
After that for more than 20 years their expedition where to the Arctic.
Matthew Henson went to the Arctic China Japan the Philippines France Africa and south Russia.
In 1912 Matthew Henson published his memoir.
In 1948 the club awarded the explorer it's highest rank of honorary member
On October 19, 1909 Henson was the guest of honor at a dinner ceremony
Places in Maryland are named after Matthew A Henson like elementary school's in Baltimore.
1988 Matthew and his wife Lucy were reinterred
in Arlington National Cemetery.