Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Texas Explorers
Trip One La Salle
Spain 1519-1521 What Happened?
Conquered the Aztec empire
claimed all Mexico for Spain
sent treasures to Spain Famous for...
Opened the door for the exploration of North America Spain 1536 Spain What happened?
Estevanico and De Vaca were captured and enslaved by Indians and held for 8 years.
First to see buffalo
Spain 1540-1542 What happened?
• Looking for seven cities of Cibola (Cities of Gold)
• Traveled (lost) in the panhandle
• The largest expedition sent to Texas. Brought well trained soldiers.
First to explore the Southwest of North America. (Caprock Escarpment, Grand Canyon)
1542 What happened?
Went to North America to gain fortune
Discovered “black goo” (OIL!) Spain 1598
• Built first Spanish settlement in New Mexico
(FIRST settlement in North America!) Why famous?
Did NOT want wealth, wanted to spread Catholicism. France
1684 What happened?
•Trapper, wanted to TRADE with Natives (based in Canada)
•Sailed down the Mississippi River to Gulf of Mexico
Claimed that all land that drained into the Mississippi for France France
1684 What happened?
•Built Fort St. Louis on Lavaca River.
•Did NOT want Spanish to know
His presence in Texas caused Spain to become interested in Texas once again.
Most famous for...
Mapping the Texas Coast 1519 What Happened?
explored and chart Gulf Coast Pineda