Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Communities of Practice
Transcript of Communities of Practice
Based on a common interest
They exist everywhere What are CoP's? Shared purpose of members
Collaborative learning from new knowledge
Critical reflective learning
Sensemaking -- creating shared awareness based on individuals' perspectives and experiences
How does it work? Virtual CoPs Where did they come from? Have always existed
Virtual communities Goals of CoP Problem solving
Requests for information
Coordination and synergy
Discussing developments Where can they go wrong? Lack of face to face interaction can be counter-cultural
Adequate support needed
Superficial discussion content, as well as lack of urgency in responding Lack of face-to-face contact eliminates traditional group norm behavior
Can be accessed anytime