Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Fashion Sells Stories, Not Clothes
Transcript of Fashion Sells Stories, Not Clothes
"The short term goal (of the display) is to make a sale..
the long term goal is the creation of a store image."
Simon Doonan, former Creative Director at Barneys New York
from "Confessions of a Window Dresser"
The Art of Window
Is a fusion of public art installation & commercial advertising
We all know the best way to sell is to use a narrative format
the most successful displays tell great stories
Great displays feel alive, & engage the passerby with the sense that something live is taking place in the window
Collaborations with artists working in other mediums - eg. sculpture, puppetry, video - have always been common
Such as these series of fashion videos directed by actor James Franco for "7 For All Mankind", installed in their window mannequins
Which brings us to the most significant trend in fashion advertising right now ...
has become a staple in supplementing the culture of a fashion house; as a necessity to brand growth & visibility, fashion houses must continually circulate films around their brands
A typical fashion film