Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Water Project
Porch, and Eric Fernandez The Question we followed was... Some Facts... Getting into the Details More Details Fund raising Events and Ideas Summary What are the water-borne pathogens present in Africa and their effects on its people... especially children? - Unsafe water kills more than violence and war every year.
- Of every 30,000 people that die every week 90% of them die of unclean drinking water and bad living conditions
-3.6% of diseases can be prevented by better water supply We really need to fix this problem because 6 people die every minute from unclean water! We need to help these people. If we don't, who will? Our idea for our fund raising project was to have The Yummy Walk as we called it. Kids donate cupcakes, cakes, cookies, donuts, etc... Then, people can come for $1 per person. All the goodies can be won or sold in the cakewalk. There will be a big jar for any money that people who just want to donate to Africa and the water project. We could actually do this if we had a couple more volunteers. The fundraiser would be during the school day. We would need a couple of tables, the goodies, a music player, the numbers people would walk on, a water station where people could get water to drink, a couple of jars, and decorations to make it festive. If it was during the school day we could have about 2-3 hours as a window of time for people to come and walk the cakewalk. We could get everything. We could distribute all the work evenly through the volunteers and we already have ideas who the volunteers would be. And we could have everything dropped off at school before the fundraiser even started. Overall we could actually make this work. People are dying every day and every little bit helps. If you donated even one dollar you will help save someones life. Seriously, think about it. Will you just sit back and watch innocent people die because of lack of water? Or will you take a stand and save someone's life? Without water you can't drink and you can't grow food . This means that you won't have anything to eat because of no water. If you don't have anything to eat, you won't have any extra food to sell and earn money, so this means that you wont be able to make anything of yourself. And this all goes back to what? WATER!!! 1.1 million people don't have access to clean water. And here in America we can have all we want. Don't you want to help those in need? "AMREF | African Medical and Research Foundation | Changing Lives by Improving Quality of Life." AMREF | African Medical and Research Foundation. AMREF Headquarters, 2012. Web. 4 Oct. 2012. <http://www.amref.org/>.
"Charity: Water." Home. N.p., 2006. Web. 5 Oct. 2012. <http://www.charitywater.org/>.
"Global Water Partnership." Global Water Partnership. Global Water Partnership, 2012. Web. 22 Oct. 2012. <http://www.gwp.org/>.
"Water-Borne Diseases: Cholera and Dysentery." Infoplease. Infoplease, 2000. Web. 6 Oct. 2012. <http://www.infoplease.com/>.
"We Provide Clean, Safe Waterto Those Who Suffer Needlessly without It By..." The Water Project. The Water Project, Inc., 2008. Web. 5 Oct. 2012. <http://www.thewaterproject.org/>. -In Africa alone $28 billion have been lost to lack of water and sanitation.
- Clean water reduces diarrheal sickness by 21%, sanitation lowers it by 37.5%, and hand washing prevents 35% crazy huh?
- Every $1 given to improve the water supply and sanitation yields an average of $4-$12 for a local economy, depending on the type of intervention. More Facts... Many diseases come from unclean water. Kids especially have really bad problems with this. Kids need lots of water to grow, and when they don't get enough they get sick and often die. Some water borne diseases are malaria, yellow fever, river blindness, sleeping sickness, guinea worm, bilharzia, trachoma, cholera, typhoid, meningitis, polio, Hepatitis A and E, scabies, and diarrhea (leading killer in Sub-Sahara Africa). All of these diseases can kill you. We hope you will consider our proposal because kids need our help! Thank you for watching. Survey Bibliography We had 60 kids do a survey. 83% of them said they would go to our cakewalk. 68% of them said they would donate a plate of cookies or bake a cake. 87% said they would donate at least 50 cents for H2O for life.