Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Developing Map Skills-
Transcript of Developing Map Skills-
7 Continents and 5 Oceans
The World's 7 Continents and 5 Oceans
The 7 Continents
The 5 Oceans
Now Can You Do It On Your Own?
Summary of Google Learning Experience:
The purpose of this presentation is to get 3rd grade students involved with locating and learning the seven continents and five oceans of the world.
[SOL 3.5a- Geography: The student will develop map skills by positioning and labeling the seven continents and five oceans to create a world map.]
The students will be able to discover through the presentation where each of the map items are. Not only will they discover the locations, they will learn it through technology!
How It Will Be Introduced:
The first video in the presentation is a guide through Google Earth that pins the seven continents and five oceans. This allows the students to see, in real word view, where these locations are around the world. It also gives them an idea of how Google Earth can be used to develop and enhance their map skills.
Role of the Video Introductions:
Throughout the presentation I have included four videos. The first video is intended to introduce the students to the topic. The second video introduces the seven continents with a kid-friendly song to help them remember the names. The students are then taken on a "discovery path" through the seven continents with a more specific idea of where those individual continents are through pictures. The third video introduces the five oceans through song. This, again, will help the students remember the names of these five oceans. They are then taken on another "discovery path" through the five oceans with text and pictures. The final video allows the students to practice what they have learned. This video is slightly advanced and they may need support and guidance and maybe a few tries before success!
Description of Exactly What Part of the Introduction is Addressed by the Videos:
The following listed "Introduction Instructional Strategies" from our course notes were used while making this presentation:
1. Meaningful, purposeful, mindful instructional context is established "in context" to the lesson.
2. Efforts were made to gain the students attention (through meaningful, kid-friendly videos and pictures).
3. Students are made aware that the purpose of the lesson is discover
what and where
the seven continents and five oceans are in the world.
4. Instructor and learner communication and feedback is presented through the final "practice" video.
5. Access to learning scaffolds are clearly defined through a guided tour of the world.
Link to Original Google Earth Project from Week One: