Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
I04 unit 11b reported statements
Transcript of I04 unit 11b reported statements
The teacher didn`t like sushi
We couldn`t enter the classroom.
They would come tomorrow.
Einstein was his hero.
Pepito was cooking dinner. Maria says: ^I am going to see a movie tonight.^
The man in the blue shirt says: "I sell the newspaper".
The teacher says: "You have to do the homework".
Your classmate says: "I have a letter for my grandmother. I will mail it tomorrow."
Your parents say to Pedritito: "Birds can fly, but you can`t!" Let`s practice What Farfan said is true in the PAST... so in reported speech we use the PAST tenses(past simple, past continuous, would/could, past perfect, etc.)
Farfan said "I have food poisoning." so Markarian says "HE said HE had food poisoning"
Also change possesives such as my -> his/her
our -> their Remember! Report these statements to your partner What did you lie about?
What did you say?
(How did the person find out?)
+ follow up questions! Did you ever get caught in a lie?/Have you ever told a lie? (Use reported speech)