Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Copy of World History I Study Skills
Transcript of Copy of World History I Study Skills
I have to maintain order and ensure a positive atmosphere in the classroom. The following rules and procedures contribute to a controlled and learning environment for everyone.
You can lead a horse to the water but you can not make him drink
The leadership team for Room 108
Mr. Eley (content)
Mrs. Morgan (Method)
Ms. Hurdle (para)
Procedures for Entering the Classroom
There is a specific way I want you to enter the classroom. I expect you to follow these procedures:
1. You are not to stand or wait around in the hallway.
2. Enter the classroom quietly without running or pushing.
3. Take your assigned seat
4. Begin working on the memory jogger assignment from the board in your notebook
5. Work quietly and by yourself
6. Wait for further instructions from the teacher
If You Are Late
A. You are late to class if you are not inside the classroom when the bell rings.
If you are late to class you must:
1. Walk in quietly making as little noise as possible.
2. Sign-in at the Tardy Sheet. (Name, date, time) If you have a pass leave it in the folder.
3. Take your assigned seat.
4. Join Activity
B. Consequences for Tardiness
1. Warning > 2. Warning notice home > 3. Parent contact > 4. ISS > 5. ISS > 6. OSS
If You Are; but don’t be Absent
It is your responsibility to make-up any assignments or tests in a timely manner when you return from an absence. Follow this procedure:
1. You can only miss 10 days per semester (you have to appeal after 11days)
2. You may get this information from the make-up folder or a responsible classmate.
3. If you need to make-up a test you must make arrangements with the teacher during the last 5 minutes of class. Tests can only be made up before school or during lunch and only if previous arrangements have been made.
Homework is given every night except on weekends. It will be checked during the memory jogger. No homework overtime will bring your grade down
A. You get one pass per week
B. Your name is written in the restroom book
1. Respect the teacher and classmates (You respect the teachers when you obey, don’t talk back, do not touch his property without permission, and follow all classroom rules and procedures.)You respect your classmates when you follow classroom rules and procedures)
2. Be obedient (This means that you do whatever the teacher tells you to do without complaining or arguing about it.
3. Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself (This means you do not throw things, kick things, push people, hit people, etc.)
4. No swearing, teasing, or name calling (You do not use obscene or vulgar language in the classroom for any reason. You do not make fun of or tease another classmate because of his color, race, language, religion, etc.)
5. Be in the classroom when the bell rings (This means I want you in your seat as soon as you come
into my classroom and I want you to be on time.)
6. Severe: No fighting, threats, or verbal abuse (It is extremely inappropriate for you to fight with another classmate, threaten anyone, or verbally abuse by insulting.)
VIII. Shared School wide and Class rules
1. You can’t use cell phones in class or the school anywhere
2. No electronic devices
3. No hats
4. No Passes the first and last 15 minutes of class + No 3rd block passes
5. The dress code of the school will be followed
IX. Grade weights and Scales
• Test 40%
• Quizzes 30%
• Class work 10%
• Homework 10%
• Notebook 10%
• Mid/final 20%
A 4.0 93-100
A- 3.7 90-92
B+ 3.3 87-89
B 3.0 83-86
B- 2.7 80-82
C+ 2.3 77-79
C 2.0 73-76
C- 1.7 70-72
D+ 1.3 67-69
D 1.0 64-66
F 0.0 0-63
Grades weights and Scale
X. Materials for Class
-A three ringed Binder (1.5-3 inches)
-A pen or pencil
- loose leaf paper
XI. Paper guide
- Holes you keep/No holes give back
- If you lose it you have to make you own
- You only get one
- I check binders every 2weeks
A wise child accepts a parent’s discipline
a mocker refuses to listen to correction
-Wisdom is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
- She offers you long life in her right hand,
and riches and honor in her left.
- She will guide you down delightful paths;
all her ways are satisfying.
- Wisdom is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
happy are those who hold her tightly.