Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Cambridge English for Engineering - Unit 4: Engineering Design
Transcript of Cambridge English for Engineering - Unit 4: Engineering Design
elevation, schematic, cross-section, plan, exploded view 1 2 3 4 5 Ex. 6 Language for Precision & Accuracy accuracy, accurate, inaccurate
precision, precise, imprecise
tolerance(s), within t., outside t., to within t. , tight t. length, width, height, thickness, depth
long/short, wide/narrow, high/low, thick/thin, deep/shallow Ex. 7 Language for Dimensioning Ex. 8 Flanges B =
r = 1.
Design Brief 2.
Rough Sketches 3.
Preliminary Drawings 4.
Working Drawings IV - Resolving Design Problems Useful Language advise, clarify, confirm, disregard, indicate, propose, request, state, work to alternative, conflict, contradict, resolve
as per Thank You! Unit 4 Engineering Design III - Describing Design Phases and Procedures Other types of Drawings general arrangement drawing detail drawing SkiDubai - Exterior SkiDubai - Interior Ex. 13 - Indoor Ski Complex Project HSFG Bolts cable tray ductwork standard Black bolts Case Study: Reaching for the Sky r = radius of the curve at the joint between the flanges and the web
d = depth of the web, measured between the ends of the curves at the joints, where the curves are flush with the face of the web 10d)
2. amend / revise
3. approximate / rough
4. circulate / issue
5. give feedback / comment on
6. replace / update / supercede
7. state / specify
8. solve / resolve Skyscrapers ? What technological and design improvements would help engineers to build taller skyscrapers? Question 12
dimensions could be different
assembly will be different (clashes)
missing information , detail
different versions Web