Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Florida
-Located in North America
- With the Contiguous United States
- South-East tip nicknamed the pan handle of America
- 28.1° N, 81.6° W
Walt Disney World
- opened in 1971
- includes Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood's Studio, and Animal Kingdom
- more than 16 million visitors every year
- still the most popular theme park after 30 years
Florida Professional Sports
Tampa Bay Rays - MLB
Miami Heat - NBA
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - NFL
Florida Panthers - NHL
Miami MLS team - MLS
19.55 million people:
White - 78.3%
Black - 16.6%
Hispanic or Latino - 23.2%
Asian - 2.5%
Mixed Race - 1.9%
American Indian and Alaska Native - .5%
Tree - Sabal palm
Flower - Orange Blossom
Animal - Florida panther
Song - "Swanee River"
by: ashley and AARON
Emmitt Smith - NFl Player
Mandy Moore - Singer
Clarence Thomas - Supreme Court Justice
Johnny Depp - Film Actor
Ariana Grande - Actress, model, and singer
- very warm climate mostly all year round
- people migrate to Florida in the winter for the warm weather
- Spring - 81/61 F
- Summer - 90/73 F
- Fall - 83/65 F
- Winter - 70/51 F
- Verse 1:
Way down upon de Swanee ribber,
Far, far away,
Dere's wha my heart is turning ebber,
Dere's wha de old folks stay.
All up and down de whole creation
Sadly I roam,
Still longing for de old plantation
And for de old folks at home.
All de world am sad and dreary,
Ebry where I roam,
Oh! darkies how my heart grows weary,
Far from de old folks at home.
- Verse 2:
All round de little farm I wandered
When I was young,
Den many happy days I squandered,
Many de songs I sung.
When I was playing wid my brudder
Happy was I
Oh! take me to my kind old mudder,
Dere let me live and die.
- Verse 3:
One little hut amond de bushes,
One dat I love,
Still sadly to my mem'ry rushes,
No matter where I rove
When will I see de bees a humming
All round de comb?
When will I hear de banjo tumming
Down in my good old home?
"Florida." CultureGrams States Edition. ProQuest, 2014. Web. 2 Dec 2014.
- Florida is the 27th state of the US
- its nicknamed the sunshine state
- Daytona Beach in Florida is the most famous beach
- Florida's coastline is 1,350 miles long
- The state stone is the agatized coral
USCS Belle - sunk is 1857
SS Tarpon - sunk 0n August 30 1937
Cities Services Empire - dont know when it was sunk but it was torpedoed by a U-128
USS Preble - sunk on April 27 1863 exploded
- blue crab
- florida oranges
- stone crabs
- gator tail
- key lime pie