Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of DBT
-Facilitator should be watchful of avoidance patterns of the reality of termination
-Help clients process feelings and acceptance of reality of the end of the group and acknowledge insights gained from the group
-Four modules of DBT: mindfulness, distress tolerance, emotional regulation, and interpersonal effectiveness
-Future fields of DBT (i.e. adolescents, women, eating disorders) Balancing "emotional mind" and "reasonable mind" to achieve "wise mind"
"What skills:" to observe, to describe, and to participate
"How skills:" with awareness and without judgment Teaches ability to effectively ask for what one needs
Teaches saying NO when necssary
Helps ct cope with conflicts in relationship
"DEAR MAN" "GIVE" Teaches how to bear pain skillfully and without judgment
Suffering is pain that has not been accepted
Teach: Distracting, self-soothing, improving the moment, thinking of pros and cons Time
Therapist leading the group take a very directive approach
Focus on skills training, often with a subsequent supportive process therapy group
Benefits of skills training group sessions:
Therapist can identify interpersonal behaviors as they occur with peers
Clients receive support from others like them
Clients learn from each other
The group often dilutes intense relationships between individuals and the therapist
Gives clients the opportunity to learn how to be in a group in a non-threatening setting Check in about mindfulness
Using examples from client's life Discussing diary cards Skills training (using worksheets) Mindfulness Process Session Layout DBT components for building skills to regulate emotions include:
- learning to identify and label emotions
- learning to identify obstacles to changing emotions
- reducing vulnerability to “emotion mind”
- increasing positive emotional events
- increasing mindfulness to current emotions, not
judge, and stop or block one from feeling certain
- begin taking opposite action by changing a
- applying distress tolerance techniques Created by Marsha Linehan to treat individuals with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Individuals are required to participate in groups and individual therapy
Usually takes place within a milieu setting
Use of diary cards (track progress) and a "bell" during group (keep people from participating in therapy interrupting behavior