Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Stanislavsky & Meisner
Transcript of Stanislavsky & Meisner
Meisner Technique Meredith, Eliza, Ricardo, Mariana & Bhoomika The Meisner Technique The Stanislavsky Technique Similarities to Stanislavsky Differences from Method Acting Bibliography: "Meant to create realistic portrayals of the character." Attempts to "keep away" from unrealistic performances - Often used in modern plays, films and TV
- Actor must not become the character completely Involves spontaneity While practicing, actors use a monotonous tone so that the line can be embedded in their minds A form of improv Actors are able to let go of any fear or doubt they may have through 'Repetition' The goal: to have a perfect understanding of the character's motivations, obstacles and objectives Pros & Cons Ellis, Jessica, and Bronwyn Harris. "What Is the Stanislavski Method of Acting?" WiseGeek. Conjecture, 01 Aug. 2012. Web. 29 Sept. 2012. <http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-the-stanislavski-method-of-acting.htm>. They learn the lines in monotone so the real emotion can be expressed on stage Epstein, Robert. "About the Meisner Acting Technique." About the Meisner Acting Technique. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Sept. 2012. <http://www.completeactorstraining.com/about.html>. "The Neighborhood Playhouse." The Neighborhood Playhouse. N.p., 2008. Web. 30 Sept. 2012. <http://www.neighborhoodplayhouse.org/meisner.html>.