Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Singapore
Country's strengths and weaknesses
There are four official languages, English, Malay, Mandarin, and Tamil. English is the common language, even there are more people speak Mandarin Chinese..
- No official religion.
- Independent in choosing their own religion.
- Buddhism is the most widely practised religion.
-Buddhist : 42.5% (most are Singaporean-Chinese)
- Muslim : 14.9% (most are Singaporean-Malay or Singaporean-India)
- Non-religion : 14.8%
- Protestant Christian : 14.6%
- Taolist : 8.5%
- Hindu : 4%
- Others : 0.7%
- Parliamentary representative democratic republic.
- The President of Singapore is the head of state.
- The Prime Minister of Singapore is the head of government.
- Executive power is exercised by the government.
- Branches of government: the legislature, executive and
- Singapore became an independent republic on 9th August
- Singapore consists of 63 islands.
- The main island, widely known as
- Total area is 692.7 sq km.
- The highest natural point is Bukit
Timah Hill at 166 m.
- Singapore has a tropical climate
(hot, humid, rainy).
Number of Population
- Total population is 5,399,200.
Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- GDP growth rate is 5.8% (Q3 2013).
- Unemployment rate is 1.9% (2013 est.).
- Highly developed trade-oriented market economy.
- Fifth richest country in the world by GDP.
- One of the world’s most important ports.
- Three major industries are chemicals, electronic parts, and medical productions.
- Major trading partners are Malaysia, America, Hong Kong, Indonesia and Thailand.
chemicals and pharmaceuticals
• Having biggest income per person in Asean
and ranked 15 in the global
• Good political stability
• Center of the financial between countries
• Highly skilled worker
• Good at human resource and business
• Location is good for naval trafficing
• Need to import resource and unskilled
• Cost of business is high interesting point
• Trying to expand in the service business to
decrese the need of export.
Singaporean Icon : Merlion
Kittimett Ruaydee ID : 5512752
Kouadio Locka ID : 5538046
Nuchanat Bunrom ID : 5710702
Thapanee Promvech ID : 5712227
Ratchamon Tangtacharungphet ID : 5712295
Shisa Jiraprakobchai ID : 5712334
Chanat Wanlayangkoon ID: 5716848
- Sovereign city-state and island country in Southeast-Asia.
- One of the most densely populated country.
- A successful free-market economy country.
- Large scale on international investment funds
- They have a lion’s head and a fish’s body.
- There are 5 Merlions located in Singapore.
- Located at Merlion Park, Sentosa Island, Mount
Faber and Orchard Spring Lane.
(alike Islamic culture)
Speak English as their native language
Speak Chinese as their native language
Speak Malay as their native language
Other races such as
Portuguese and English
The Flag of Singapore
- Red means brotherhood and equality of man.
- White stands for pervading and everlasting purity
- Crescent moon represents a young nation on the rise.
- Five stars stand for the ideals of democracy, peace
Vanda Miss Joaquim
- Became national flower in 1981.
- Vanda Miss Joaquim is the first registered plant hybrid from Singapore.
- The only nation to have a hybrid
Animal of Singapore
- Singapore is the English word for
“Singapura” means Lion City.
Famous TV star of Singapore
- Born January 27 1971 (43 years old).
- The year shown 1993 to the present.
- Notable works from Mungornyok 2
Singapore costumes & Traditional dress
- Singapore doesn’t have their own traditional dress.
Top tourist attractions in Singapore
- Singapore is an island nation.
- Located just off the southern tip of Malaysia
Transportation in Singapore
- Mainly Land-based
Universal Studios Singapore
Boat Quay and Clarke Quay
Marina Bay Sands