Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of The Atom
Mass: 1.6755 x 10^-27 kg (~1 amu)
Mass: 1.6726 x 10^-27 kg
mass: 9.109 x 10^-31 kg
quarks - smaller particles
The area around the nucleus of an atom
where its electrons are most likely found
Atomic Number = Protons
Average Atomic Mass
How many neutrons does Na have?
What is this atom?
Atoms of the same element that
have a different number of Neutrons
A charged particle that either has more or less electrons than protons, but not the same number.
The Alkali Metals
Inner Transition Metals
AVERAGE atomic mass
Allotropes - different forms/shapes of the same element
Diatomic molecule- TWO atoms of the same element bonded
ROUNDED Atomic Mass # = Protons + Neutrons