Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
RefactorErl -- Erlang MeetUp
Transcript of RefactorErl -- Erlang MeetUp
Started as a refactoring project
PhD, MSc, BSc students
Who are we?
University Staff &
Ericsson-ELTE Software Technology Lab (2011)
ELTE-Soft R&D staff
What is RefactorErl?
Understand legacy code
Check code complexity/quality
Compile-time analysis of
Functions, variables, records, etc.
Lifetime, scope, visibility
Static and dynamic references
Dynamic function calls
Software complexity metrics
Bad smell detection
Duplicated code detection
. . . and more than 20 refactoring transformations.
Telecom Gateway Controller
AXD ATM switch
More than 4 millions of LOC
Easy to setup and use
Initial setup - 2-3 hours
Build the database - few hours
- only once at the beginning
Use the tool!
"A problem solved in one hour using the query language"
"Without the tool: approx. 1 day"
shorten time-consuming daily jobs
make the possibility of better teamwork in different ways
reduce human faults
ease deploying releases
minimise the training time of newbies
Easy to use, no restrictions
Sharing information between the team members
Gathering information about the source code
Supports code comprehension