Send the link below via email or IMCopy
Present to your audienceStart remote presentation
- Invited audience members will follow you as you navigate and present
- People invited to a presentation do not need a Prezi account
- This link expires 10 minutes after you close the presentation
- A maximum of 30 users can follow your presentation
- Learn more about this feature in our knowledge base article
Do you really want to delete this prezi?
Neither you, nor the coeditors you shared it with will be able to recover it again.
Make your likes visible on Facebook?
Connect your Facebook account to Prezi and let your likes appear on your timeline.
You can change this under Settings & Account at any time.
Transcript of Kidney Contusion
The athlete's physician may require a 2-4 week recuperation period before activity can be resumed, depending on the severity of the injury.
What is it?
A kidney contusion is a bruise of the kidney which usually occurs from a violent blow to the upper posterior abdominal wall.
Signs & Symptoms
Major Signs include pain located high in the posterior abdomen and radiating into the lower abdominal region.
He or she may show signs of shock, nausea, vomiting, rigidity of the back muscles and hematuria (blood in the urine)
Must be taken to the hospital immediately for diagnosis and observation
*Physical attack such as being kicked in the back
*Contact sports such as baseball, football, lacrosse and hockey
Common Causes of Kidney Contusions